This is a packing list based on 4-5 months in South East Asia.
Firstly my Backpack. I have a Kelty redwing 40l and I love it. It’s the perfect size and fits as hand luggage. I love the amount of pockets and compartments I have in it (I’m not naturally an organised person so this helps). Plus it’s turquoise blue and always stands out if I do happen to check it on a flight. Nearly 2 years being chucked about all over the place and still going strong.
I like to use packing cubes to organise things, one big one which fits all my clothes and then a smaller one for underwear and swimming stuff. I roll my clothes rather than folding them.
As well as my main backpack I also have a small daypack for days out and to keep valuables separate when my backpack is stored on busses.
- 1 pair of jeans – take up space but I love my jeans
- 2 pairs of shorts – I stick to denim so they match everything
- 1 pair of leggings – essential for bus journeys or flights
- 1 long sleeve shirt
- 3 T-shirts
- 5 vest tops
- 1 hoody – Don’t get used much but you never know when you will want one
- 1 or 2 Bikinis
- 3 sports bras
- 12 knickers
- 12-14 pairs of trainer Socks (they always seem to disappear)
- 1 pair of Trail running trainers (suitable for hiking and everyday wear)
- 1 pair of flip flops
I try to keep this minimal so I can travel hand luggage only.
- Bar of soap
- Shampoo (though think I’m going to try shampoo bar instead this time)
- Sun cream
- Razors – 2 or 3 with changeable blades
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Hair comb
- Frizz ease serum
- Tweezers & nail scissors
- Hairbands & hairclips
First aid kit
I literally never use it but it’s only small so I keep it with me because you never know. Contains just a little bandage, plasters, paracetamol, rehydration sachets, a whistle and I think that’s it
- Laptop / Ipad – I only take a laptop because I need it for work
- Camera – though I may leave it behind this time and just use my phone
- Battery pack / portable charger
- 1 iphone charger and 1 mini usb lead
- 2 prong plug (most places in asia)
- Travel towel
- Combination lock
- Notepad & pen
- Small Sketchbook
- A few pencils & an eraser
- Business cards
Need some tips on Packing for your own trip?